The members of Wachimak offer tours around the surrounding jungle. You are free to set up your tailor made visit, but the community can offer you any of the following activities:
- Night Fishing in Rio Wachiyaku
- Sport Fishing by day
- Shamanism & Traditional Medicine
- Storytelling about the Indigenous Myths, Legends and Tales.
- The Elaboration of Yuca-based "Chicha"
- Traditional Farming Methods
- Jungle hikes, teaching about poisonous, medicinal and edible plants and trees of the rainforest.
- Sailing Rio Napo on a Bamboo Raft
- Show with Traditional Music and Dances
- Exhibition of Traditional Traps
- Visits to other communities and families in the area
Price: US$50 per day
What´s inluded? Transportation between Tena and Wachimak, food, accommodation and a daytrip.
Payment: All tours have to be paid beforehand. You can either pay upon arrival in Ecuador with bank transfer or upon arrival in Tena to Jacobo Andy, the legal representative of Wachimak.